MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A SECRET CLEARANCE - US CITIZENS ONLY -
- Plan, analyze, design, build, and maintain chemical plant facilities
- Support project engineering for large plant improvements or additions and participate in the preparation of key plans and plant layouts.
- Perform structural design and analysis, field investigations and studies, mapping and surveying, construction layout, and inspection of construction.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform project engineering working in multi-discipline engineering teams. Select construction materials and methods; create engineering estimates, write specifications; create and supervise the preparation of civil, architectural, and structural drawings; control cost; and manage work to meet project schedules.
- Perform civil engineering analyses for: piping networks (water distribution systems and sprinkler systems); sewer system layouts and hydraulics: pumping systems; water and waste water treatment systems; road and railroad layouts, including grade, alignment, and drainage; and containment, diversion and treatment systems for pollution abatement. Also perform structural analyses and design work for bridges, tunnels, structural steel buildings, reinforced concrete building and structures, pipe supports, and foundation systems.
- Conduct inspections of existing facilities such as buildings, tank farms, tunnels, roads, railroads, bridges, pipe bridges, and pipelines to determine the integrity and safety of the structure. Make recommendations concerning any needed modifications.
- Oversee mapping and surveying functions which involve layout of new work and maintenance of records of aboveground and underground utilities.
- Conduct studies of major water supply problems, waste treatment needs, and flood control measures.
- Develop estimates, plans, and schedules for the construction phase of projects ensuring that materials, equipment, and personnel will be available to meet project schedules. Determine that work is performed in accordance with plans, specifications, and good construction practices and within cost during the execution phase. Is also responsible for safe work practices.
- Analyze loads and forces, and designs or approves adequacy of supporting members, systems, and equipment for construction activities.
- Determine or approve material composition of various concrete mixes to achieve desired strength, workability, and durability.
- Investigate to determine root cause of structural or system failures and recommends corrective action
Required Education / Experience:
- Required education: Bachelor s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Required 5+ years experience in industrial construction, ideally a mix of structural and civil engineering. Knowledge of CADD tools (e.G., AutoCAD, Visual Analysis, STAAD/RAM, etc.)
Preferred Education / Experience:
- Professional Engineering License and project management experience desired.
- Preferred experience in the design and construction of chemical facilities that involve the use of acids, bases and solvents in the production of energetic materials.