MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A SECRET CLEARANCE - US CITIZENS ONLY -
- Work in a multi-discipline team environment to develop project design packages including drawings, specifications, and scopes of work.
- Design and create accurate, complete, detailed fabrication/construction drawings and technical packages for mechanical components and equipment used in chemical manufacturing processes.
- Develop estimates, scopes of work, design concepts, and supporting documentation for proposals.
- Provide field support during construction and commissioning as required.
- Develop technical data package and make preliminary layouts, sketches, and notes necessary to present design proposal.
- Check completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop 3D models and design drawings in SolidWorks, MicroStation, AutoCAD, and/or SmartPlant 3D
- Develop mechanical solutions in support of modernization programs
- Develop piping isometrics, equipment arrangements, and piping supports from piping layout drawings
- Perform field survey of existing equipment and piping for incorporation into design
- Generate equipment arrangements and piping routes from concept flow diagrams, P&ID s, and process specifications
- Ensure designs meet Engineering Standards, Safety Standards, and applicable codes
- Assist project team in developing bids, proposals, scopes of work, estimates, schedules, material lists, design concepts, design drawings, and other project documentation
- Conduct equipment inspections
- Develop designs for hazardous locations
- Certify accuracy and completeness of all deliverable products and services in assigned areas of responsibility including verification of subcontractor work in accordance with Scope of Work
- Develop project bills of material
- Write Work Orders and Purchase Requests
- Coordinate work with suppliers, subcontractors, maintenance, and/or construction firms
- Coordinate with Project Engineering, Process Engineering, Production, Safety and Environmental
- Walk down systems per P&ID s and make any as-built changes to drawings
- Participate in HAZOP and FMEA reviews
- Support checkout, troubleshooting, and commissioning
Required Education / Experience:
- High School Diploma / GED and 11 years relevant experience or Associate's Degree and 7 years experience or Bachelor's degree and 5 years experience
- Experience designing mechanical systems for industrial plants
- Ability to develop accurate and detailed technical documents
- Proficient in 3D CAD tools (SolidWorks, MicroStation, AutoCAD, and/or SmartPlant 3D)
- Proficient in Office Software
- Possess good verbal and written communications skills
- Be self-motivated with ability to work in team environment
Preferred Education / Experience:
- Experience designing for hazardous locations
- Industrial construction/field experience
- Associates or Technical Degree