MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A SECRET CLEARANCE - US CITIZENS ONLY
- Responsible for mechanical engineering and technical tasks for various modernization programs.
- Estimate, plan, analyze, design, and provide engineering input into the design, construction, and maintenance of chemical plant facilities.
- Provide technical oversight during the actual field installation of equipment and construction.
- Apply a high degree of technical competence regarding the broad application of mechanical engineering principles to the development of new capabilities and/or solutions to customers challenging modernization problems.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with multi-discipline engineering team to perform plant and project engineering.
- Create engineering estimates, select construction materials and methods; write specifications; supervise and prepare mechanical drawings; control cost; and manage work to meet project schedules.
- Perform mechanical engineering analyses for: piping systems; hydraulic systems: pumping systems; HVAC systems; equipment/machinery design and layout; process cooling and heating systems; storage tank design, inspection and repair.
- Conduct inspections of existing facilities such as buildings, equipment, and pipelines to determine the integrity and safety.
- Make recommendations concerning any needed modifications.
- Develop estimates, plans, and schedules for the construction phase of projects ensuring that materials, equipment, and personnel will be available to meet project schedules.
- Ensure that work is performed in accordance with plans, specifications, and good construction practices and within cost during the execution phase.
- Participate in HAZOP and FMEA reviews
- Consider safety in all aspects of work and design.
Required Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering and Five (5)+ years related experience. May consider closely related degree.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to work in a team environment with a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to develop design packages using CADD, detailed program plans, estimates, and proposals.
- Ability to direct design teams and external design firms.
- Review and approve design packages from equipment suppliers and design firms.
- Capable of creating required engineering documentation using Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, and Access.
Preferred Education / Experience:
- PE License
- Experience in industrial construction
- Energetics materials experience
- Chemical manufacturing experience
- P&ID Development
- 3D design / modeling using SolidWorks, Inventor, etc.
- Tank and Vessel Design / Construction
- Pumps / Piping Design
- Finite Element Analysis and Computational Fluid Dynamics