Mechanical Piping Designer
MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A SECRET CLEARANCE - US CITIZENS ONLY -
- Design utility and process piping systems including associated pumps, valves, and instrumentation.
- Develop or improve products and facilitate manufacturing operations.
- Develop basic data and make preliminary layouts, sketches, and notes necessary to present design proposal.
- Investigate pertinent design factors. Check completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop piping designs utilizing SmartPlant 3D CAD software
- Assist project team in developing bids, proposals, scopes of work, estimates, schedules, material lists, design concepts, design drawings, and other project documentation
- Perform field surveying of existing piping systems for incorporation into design
- Generate equipment arrangements and piping routing from concept flow diagrams, P&IDs, and process specifications
- Maintain project files and documentation
- Certify accuracy and completeness of all deliverable products and services in assigned areas of responsibility
- Develop project bills of material
- Develop piping isometrics, equipment arrangements, and piping supports from piping layout drawings
- Write Work Order and Material Purchase Requests
- Coordinate work with subcontractors, fabrication, maintenance and/or construction firms
- Walk-down systems per P&ID s and make any as-built changes to drawings
Required Education / Experience:
- High School Diploma / GED and 11 years relevant experience or Associate's Degree and 7 years experience or Bachelor's degree and 5 years experience
- 5+ years piping design experience with 3+ years in 3D piping design using AutoCAD Plant 3D, MicroStation, PDS, SmartPlant 3D, SolidWorks, etc.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
Preferred Education / Experience:
- 3+ years SmartPlant 3D experience
- Piping design for chemical / petrochemical plant
- Associates or Technical Degree
- Industrial construction / field experience