Patient Account Representative
- Responsible for daily management of accounts receivable process and follow-up in the Billing System, including daily screening and correcting of claims for accuracy.
- Review, correction and completion of edit queues weekly for the insurance (s) assigned.
- Follow-up on pending claims, this includes following up with the insurance company, document the findings and gather and send the necessary documentation to process the claims.
- Responsible for the appeals process. This also includes gathering the information necessary to process the appeal accurately. Such as finding researching payer websites, identifying the correct diagnoses and/or procedure code, pulling of documentation such as EOB's, requesting medical records, reviewing registration/eligibility and benefits, as well as documenting all work performed on the patient invoice.
- Liaison, and to document all activity on the patient invoice.
- Customer Service calls. Responsible for handling customer service calls and demonstrate excellent customer service skills, listening, problem solving, professionalism, etc