Patient Account Representative
Activities and duties of the Patient Account Representative involve the follow up of outstanding patient invoices, interacting with insurance companies on appeal of inappropriately denied/or paid services, and response to patient inquiries (both written and verbal) regarding their bills.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for daily management of accounts receivable process and follow up in the Billing System, including daily screening and correcting of claims for accuracy.
- Review, correction and completion of edit queues weekly for the particular insurance (s) assigned.
- Follow-up on pending claims, this includes following up with the insurance company, document the findings and gather and send the necessary documentation to process the claims.
- Responsible for the appeals process. This also includes gathering the information necessary to process the appeal accurately. Such as finding researching payer websites, identifying the correct diagnoses and/or procedure code, pulling of documentation such as EOB's, requesting medical records, reviewing registration/eligibility and benefits, as well as documenting all work performed on the patient invoice.
- Customer Service calls. Responsible for handling customer service calls and demonstrate excellent customer service skills, listening, problem solving, professionalism, etc6. Management, follow up and resolution of credit balances and adjustments within assigned accounts receivable.