Quality Assurance Specialist
POSITION REPORTS TO: Performance Supervisor
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university in a related field preferred. Two years' experience in social services programs or a related field. Knowledge of program policy and procedures. Ability to interpret policy and program directives. Ability to interpret possible and/or probable impacts on the program. Skilled at developing and revising operating policies and procedures.Knowledge of quality monitoring, processes, procedures and tools. Ability to speak effectively in group and individual situations. Proficiency in, Word, Excel, Power Point and Access. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment. Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously. Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
PURPOSE: Develop and prepares contract management information and deliverable tracking reports to monitor and provide Quality Management oversight for the career program
1. Analyze and summarizes contract management information. Analyze and interpret federal, state, and local policy to determine the impact on operations and make recommendations based on interpretation.
2. Conducts quality assurance for completeness, accuracy, consistency and conformity.
3. Provide instruction to staff and subcontracted staff on the use of state wide systems, policy and procedures.
4. Analyze existing operations and procedures to ensure compliance with state policy and directives.
5. Monitor performance of subcontracted agencies.
6. Use program data to identify areas of concern, and make recommendations for solutions.
7. Develops and coordinates quality assurance, corrective action plans and staff training as needed.
8. Assist department personnel in writing periodic reports to comply with contract requirements.
9. Submit reports as directed by management.
10. Maintain confidentiality and security of case information.
11. Perform other duties as may be assigned by management.