Senior Systems Engineer
MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A SECRET CLEARANCE - US CITIZENS ONLY
Directly supports the Chief Engineer with focus on executing value added systems engineering processes across the engineering department. Mentor other engineers in the application of system engineering principles. Provide guidance and support for project s design reviews (system requirements, preliminary design, critical design, test readiness review, etc.). Perform the execution of requirements derivation, decomposition, management, and verification/validation. Lead the effort for the Systems Requirements Review.
This job requires an understanding and appreciation of the System Engineering process and its impact across functional boundaries within an integrated product and process development value stream to achieve balanced technical performance, cost and schedule. Specific tasks will include developing, implementing, assessing, measuring, aligning systems engineering process improvements activities across the value stream using process mapping and simulation tools.
The ideal candidate must be proficient in developing, simulating and implementing system engineering process, developing physical system and process requirements using Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) tools, and requirements management tools (e.G. DOORS).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, implement, monitor and mentor the System Engineering processes for OSI
- Developing value added System Engineering standard processes including Requirements Development and Management, Validation and Verification, Risk Management, and Trade Studies
- Integrate these processes with Life Cycle Management processes.
- Drive the implementation and acceptance of system engineering processes across engineering.
- Implement a common system engineering toolset and metrics across the engineering organization including requirements development and risk management.
- Support the Project Management Organization
- Work directly with startup programs and ensure proper implementation of the System Engineering Process.
- Produce the System Engineering Management Plans for new projects.
- Leads others to evaluate customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure verification of requirements across the project lifecycle.
- Leads and identifies improvements in the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, and opportunity management.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and interface with various functional departments and customers.
Required Education / Experience:
- Bachelor s Degree in Engineering or Science
- 7+ year(s) related experience,
- 5 years of experience in DOD systems engineering of complex systems
- Proven track record of leading successful engineering design, development, and validation.
- Proven track record of successful management of system engineering processes in a project environment.
- Working knowledge of project planning and management including use of PM software such as MS Project.
Preferred Education / Experience:
- PMP certification is desirable.
- Experience in chemical processing facilities is desirable.