North Waltham, MA 02451
- B.S. In Robotics, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Equivalent plus 7-10 years experience.
- MS in Robotics, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Equivalent plus 5-7 years experience.
- Expertise with the Robot Operating System (ROS) software framework and build system Catkin.
- Experience with physics-based software simulation systems, such as Gazebo
- Knowledge on robotics autonomy architectures, 2D/3D mapping, localization and navigation ODOA path planning algorithms for Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGV) such as Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM), Extended Kalman Filters (EKF), A*, D*, Dijkstra, etc.
- Working with various sensors such as LiDAR, IMU/INS, Compass/Magnetometers, Gyroscopes, RADAR, Accelerometers, GPS, RADAR, and implementation of ROS sensor drivers
- Experience developing C/C++ applications in a Linux environment
- Experience in real-time, robotics, instrumentation, data collection and analysis
- Experience developing software algorithms for hardware systems
- Experience with RS232, TCP/IP, UDP, data communications
- Fluent with Linux and command line tools (like package managers, git, debugging tools, etc.)
- Hands-on system level integration, automation and computer networking skills
- Experience using software development tools such as configuration control, bug tracking, code reviews, unit testing, and continuous integration
- Strong knowledge and experience with the Software Development Life Cycle
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Flexible, self-started, desire to solve any problem
- Software skills: C/C++ and Python, ROS, CMake, gcc, Make, Scons, Bash
- U.S. Citizenship
- Experience with the Robot Operating System ROS Version 2 (ROS2) and build system Colcon.
- Experience with the Data Distribution Service (DDS) middleware.
- Experience in software development for military applications
- Design and implementation of production-quality modular reusable software components
- Experience developing embedded applications for Micro Controllers
- Experience with bus protocols such as CAN, SPI, and I2C
- Working knowledge of the Linux kernel build process and device driver development
- Experience with feedback based closed loop control for unmanned ground vehicles (UGV)
- Knowledge of real-time computing, machine learning (GPU-based computing), and computer vision algorithms commonly used in autonomous vehicles.
- Demonstrated ability to build, test, and deliver robust autonomous vehicle software capabilities in complex real-world environments.
- Multi-threaded Application development
- UI development
Meet Your Recruiter
Jen has more than 20 years of staffing experience, the last 10 years have been assisting some of the best engineers navigate to the next step in their career. Jen is very knowledgeable with the current job market, and prides herself on the ability to listen to both her clients and candidates to best understand what is important to them and create the perfect partnerships.
Fun Fact: Jen loves working within all areas of Engineering and is a proud mother of an Engineering Student!!