Chicago, IL 60606
The position s primary responsibly is to process all the Company s disbursements. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that all payments are supported by the appropriate documentation, appropriately authorized and processed in a timely manner. The incumbent will routinely be involved in researching and responding to internal and external client inquiries and questions. Incumbent will carry out these responsibilities in accordance with Company policies and internal accounting controls. Additionally, this position will have general accounting responsibilities, including but not limited to account reconciliations, journal entries, regulatory filings and assistance with the accounting close process.
- Responsible for processing payments, ensuring that all relevant documentation has been obtained and payments are submitted in a timely manner.
- Reconciliation and creation of payments for all employee expense reimbursements.
- Ensure that all check requests and invoices are appropriately processed.
- Run and monitor reports to validate the accuracy of payments processed.
- Provide assistance with researching problems and resolving discrepancies, as required.
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external clients. Contacts include staff at all levels, while ensuring that processes and internal control procedures are strictly followed, and all documentation is appropriately handled.
- Provide back-up assistance to other team members, as needed.
- Record account payables and expenses in the general ledger.
- Perform monthly account reconciliations and work with the Business Unit to clear reconciling items.
- Process daily accounting activities including the daily cash wires, verifying administrative system feeds and other activities, as assigned.
- Prepare regulatory filings, including premium tax returns and miscellaneous insurance department filings.
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the Accounts Payable function
- Experience with Accounts Payable Systems and general ledger software packages
- Accurate and efficient data skills
- Understanding of basic accounting concepts
- Strong organization skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate level expertise with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel. Experience working in the insurance industry is helpful
Manager, Strategic Accounts
James has been going the extra mile for both candidates and clients since joining The Panther Group in 2009. When not at work, he spends his time having adventures with his two sons.
Fun Fact: James once had to shave his head when he lost a wager with a former Panther colleague that the Bruins would beat the Canadians in the playoffs.