Chicago, IL 60606
Our Client, a nationwide health insurance company is searching for an Accounting Manager for their offices in Chicago. Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Manager will be responsible for all aspects of general accounting, financial reporting, and maintaining the Company s financial systems, processes and internal controls. This is a hands on supervisory role that will assist with the oversight of accounting staff responsible for preparing journal entries, reconciliations, cash management and accounts payable processing. This position has the lead responsibility for the financial closing process for the Company.
- Lead the monthly financial close process for the company and its affiliated companies.
- Lead responsibility for internal controls related to the financial processes, including the review and preparation of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Lead responsibility for maintaining financial systems, including general ledger, premium tax and statutory filing systems.
- Prepare/review account analysis as required including summarize and present findings.
- Preparation and review of financial statements, including preparation of Quarterly and Annual Statement filings.
- Manage quarterly and annual regulatory filings, including premium taxes.
- Perform financial projects as directed.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
- Good understanding of the health insurance industry, its products, financials and operations.
- Strong knowledge of insurance financial systems.
- Experience with Medicare Advantage products a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in financial and accounting roles, including 2+ years previous supervisory/ management experience.
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform multiple functions.
- Ability to manage a staff.
- Excellent proficiency with Excel and financial software, Oracle a plus.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA or equivalent financial designation.
Manager, Strategic Accounts
James has been going the extra mile for both candidates and clients since joining The Panther Group in 2009. When not at work, he spends his time having adventures with his two sons.
Fun Fact: James once had to shave his head when he lost a wager with a former Panther colleague that the Bruins would beat the Canadians in the playoffs.