Boston, MA 02115
Our client, based in the Boston area is seeking an experienced Administrative Manager to maintain day to day operations. The Administrative Manager is responsible for the daily research and business operations of their department.
Main activities include but are not limited to the following duties:
- Oversight of the budget and financial activity for the department including ordering of supplies, processing, submitting, reconciling and monitoring invoices, and disbursement requests.
- Organizing meetings, conferences, courses, and workshops for the team including scheduling research projects, updating credentials of staff, including licensure and compliance related requirements.
- Assisting the department chair with managing and executing the applicant recruitment process for various programs, providing follow-up and answering inquiries to applicants.
- Providing support to course directors with the preparation of grant applications for submissions for federal and non-federal awards, grant financial management, grant reporting, grant related purchasing, monitoring of grant budgets via SAP reporting.
- Assisting the department chair in the hiring, and onboarding of new staff and the appointment and promotions of existing staff working in cooperation with other offices for final approval.
- This position is responsible to manage a part-time administrative assistant.
- Bachelor s Degree is required; degree in Business, Management or equivalent preferred.
- Prior Supervisory experience is required.
- MS Office proficiency including creating and using Excel spreadsheets, Powerpoint presentations, and Word documents as well as proficient knowledge and use of Outlook is required.
- Prior budgeting experience including planning, forecasting and monitoring of the department budget including reconciliation of invoices/purchase orders/credit card and travel expenses is required.
- Must have no less than 5 years experience working in a similar role with similar duties.
- Previous experience with SAP a plus.
- Prior Grant Management experience preferred.
Mike specializes in putting the right people in the right places as a Staffing Manager with our Direct Hire Division. He enjoys working with candidates to find the right fit and working with clients to find the right people! Mike enjoys golfing in his free time and binging Netflix shows.
Fun Fact: Mike has played in an alumni softball game with Red Sox legends at Fenway Park and a charity hockey game with Bruins legends!