Application Development Manager
New York, NY 10017
Financial Services client in NYC is seeking a Manager of Application Development to join their team. This role works within the IT group and will be focused on managing a team of analysts and developers working on a variety of programs related to the company's technology transformation. This role will be partnering with all business units to gather requirements, set a roadmap, and leading the development team to achieve successful development and implementation of multiple applications.
Responsibilities and Requirements Include:
- Evaluate applications to set a strategic plan for technical changes, schedules, resources, timelines, etc.
- Help with requirement gathering and defining functionality as it relates to business operations and technology
- Own and manage project costs, timelines
- Create flow diagrams and other means to provide updates and progress reports to stakeholders
- Ensure that the delivered solution meets the business requirements
- Ensure business area requests for application development services are understood, prioritized, and addressed.
- Provide leadership and motivation to the development team(s)
- Ability and willingness to be hands-on when needed (Java, n-tier, web applications)
- Financial Services and/or banking experience a must
- 7+ years of IT management experience
- 10+ years of application development
- Experience with custom built applications and packaged software implementations
This is a full-time opportunity, sponsorship is not available.
Information Technology Recruiting Manager
Caroline was born and raised in Boston and enjoys working with IT professionals both locally and nationally.
When she's not working, Caroline enjoys Netflix binging and spending time with her Pug.