Bank Regulations Compliance Privacy Officer
New York, NY 10017
Assist Head of General Compliance with duties pertaining to privacy and related laws and regulations including, but not limited to: Regulation P, GDPR, NYSDFS Rule 500, and other state privacy laws, as well as other non-AML/BSA laws and regulations, such as UDAP/UDAAP, Reg DD, Reg CC, Reg E, CAN-SPAM, FCRA/FACT Act and Reg B. Manage the Bank s Privacy, ID Theft Prevention and HMDA programs, policies and procedures. Additionally, assist with Bank examinations, including interacting with federal and state examiners prior to and during examinations regarding any pending matters.
- Collaborate with the Information Security department in developing and effectively managing non-public information (NPI).
- Participate in Information Security Committee to provide General Compliance perspective as to Regulation P, GDPR, NYSDFS Rule 500, and other state privacy laws.
- Manage and oversee the Bank s Identity Theft Prevention Program and Identity Theft Red Flag Procedures and conduct annual risk-assessment.
- Assist with Bank Examinations by working with examiners, including but not limited to collecting, reviewing, editing and distributing examination items, preparing for examiners arrival, follow-up on additional requests.
- Involvement in problem solving over issues that have a compliance and/or regulatory impact.
- Conduct compliance testing and monitoring on applicable federal and state banking laws and regulations, as necessary.
- Review and update/revise Compliance policies, programs and/or procedures as necessary.
- Participate in reviewing and/or revising/creating compliance training material and provide in-person training when necessary.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes, trends within the industry and attend relevant webinars and seminars.
- Ad hoc projects as necessary.
- Minimum 5 years experience working for either a regulatory agency examining banks, a regulatory consulting firm or in a bank within the Compliance or Legal Departments advice and/or guidance on banking regulations.
- Minimum Baccalaureate degree.
- Ability to work with and independently from the Head of General Compliance.
- Prior experience working actively and effectively with bank regulators, business lines, and other areas of a bank.
- Clear, professional and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Experienced MS Office user.
- Knowledge of Spanish is a plus
Manager, Strategic Accounts
James has been going the extra mile for both candidates and clients since joining The Panther Group in 2009. When not at work, he spends his time having adventures with his two sons.
Fun Fact: James once had to shave his head when he lost a wager with a former Panther colleague that the Bruins would beat the Canadians in the playoffs.