Boston, MA 02120
Our client, a well-known organization in Boston, is looking for a Benefits Assistant who will be the point of contact for employees within the organization.
- Respond to and resolve benefits-related questions and general inquiries
- Interact with vendors and third-party administrators
- Enroll, change or terminate employee coverages.
- Create, compile, process and track FMLA and leave documentation
- Gather documentation for long-term disability (LTD) claims.
- Calculate and pay monthly premium invoices for a variety of benefit plans
- Reconcile payments against enrollment data and payroll deductions
- Ensure wire transfers are accurately transmitted by deadlines
- Handle established and new data sources and feeds.
- Work with vendors to create and run reports
- This role also provides back up support to other areas within the HR Group
- The individual will also help with organizing materials for New Hire Orientation
- All individuals in this role are cross-trained help with other core benefit payroll processes, vendor outreach, etc.
- 3+ years related experience, preferably in a benefits capacity
- Bachelor s degree is not a must, however is highly desirable
- The successful candidate must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel
- Additional experience with an HRIS system is desirable
- Must have attention to detail, strong customer service, and ability to multi-task