Bilingual Customer Service Representative
New York, NY 10004
- Responds and makes a best effort to resolve all callers' inquires and needs, including those concerning programs such as Medicaid, Child Health Plus, and Family Health Plus.
- Assists customers including prospective enrollees and people assisting enrollees or acting on their behalf, via the phone, mail, web, or in person in accordance with all Department and Company performance standards, policy and procedures, and protocols.
- Provides information and direction to callers regarding mail-in and telephone renewals, the Premium Assistance and FHP Buy-In Programs, and other programs as applicable.
- Facilitates the fulfillment of caller requests for documents via mail, fax, email, or download.
- Responds to all inquiries consistent with confidentiality and privacy policies and refers callers to alternate sources when appropriate.
- Accesses, reads, and interprets data elements on all applicable Company and state systems provides support, resolves inquires, and educates callers.
- Escalates calls or issues to the Call Center Lead for resolution as needed.
- Enters appropriate data and information into the applicable automated systems for processing renewals and uses every call as an opportunity to provide education, support, and confirms accuracy of customer information in Company and state systems.
- Facilitates translation services for non-English speaking callers according to procedures.
- Attends meetings and trainings, as requested and maintains up-to-date knowledge of all programs and systems. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent certification
- Minimum one year of previous experience in customer service, preferably in a Call Center, human services, health care or service-related field
- understanding of the needs and problems of disadvantaged populations
- data entry and telephone skills
- previous experience with computers, phone systems, and headsets preferred
- excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously and ability to work as a team member, as well as independently