Beverly, MA 01915
Under the oversight of the revenue cycle Director, this position is responsible for optimizing billing and collections revenue by ensuring accounts are thoroughly analyzed for successful payment, serves as a resource on payer guidelines for clinicians and staff, acts as the primary resource for authorization, responds quickly to customer service calls and assists the Director with special projects.
- Analyze patient accounts, identifies billing issues and determines solutions with patient and insurance companies. Takes appropriate action as needed, such as review/correct claim, request adjustment, refunds, etc.
- Serves as departmental resource or payer guidelines, ensuring new edits are built in system, training and monitoring materials are developed and staff are appropriately trained/monitored on new processes.
- Answer phone calls from patients, third party vendors and internal customers and assist with customer service issues; respond to customer concerns in a courteous and timely manner.
- Resolve accounts by working Account Work Lists or work queues
- Run reports in billing system to monitor and work outstanding accounts
- Contact payers as needed to research unposted or denied payments
- Work with multiple billing vendors to resolve pay to issues that affect monthly reconciliation
- Adhere to HIPAA guidelines regarding confidentiality relating to the release of patient records and communications
- Does all necessary research to provide patient and/or physician with clear and accurate account information
- Communicates effectively and respectfully with all internal and external customers
- Recommend quality and/or process improvement initiatives in order to more effectively and efficiently perform the job functions of the position
- Participates in special projects as directed by Sr. Management.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Experience with Third Party Payers, Revenue Posting, familiarity with Pain Management billing strongly preferred
- Must possess strong analytical skills, computer skill and accurate typing required
- Customer Service training
- Medical terminology knowledge
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Education: Associates Degree and accounting or Business Related degree strongly preferred
- Experience: Minimum 3 years experience in Physician Accounts Receivable setting
- Certification/Licensure: None Required
- Software/Hardware: Proficient in Microsoft Excel and ability to run ad-hoc reports, Billing system experience preferred
- Other; Ability to work independently in a remote setting
Manager, Strategic Accounts
James has been going the extra mile for both candidates and clients since joining The Panther Group in 2009. When not at work, he spends his time having adventures with his two sons.
Fun Fact: James once had to shave his head when he lost a wager with a former Panther colleague that the Bruins would beat the Canadians in the playoffs.