Chesapeake, VA 23320
The Telephonic Case Manager will provide assistance, services, resource, referrals, and consultation on various EAP and work/life issues to members and their families experiencing personal and other problems. Case Managers will conduct comprehensive professional assessments of user s needs while maintaining the highest degree of sensitivity, compassion and respect for service members and their families.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Conducts comprehensive professional assessments of user s need for core EAP and work/life services, which can include but are not limited to: childcare, parenting, eldercare, education, general research, short-term problem resolution, legal, financial, employment assistance, emotional well-being, relationships and communication, addiction disorders, health and wellness, work issues and other specialty and add-on services.
2. The role of the Case Worker requires strong clinical skills to execute tasks vital to ensuring excellent service to members and the safety and wellbeing of the call. The Case Worker will be able to successfully:
- Deescalate callers, navigate resources, resolve complex concerns, assess and take action in crisis situations.
- Able to identify high risk cases and respond as indicated under direction of the supervisor.
3. Maintain the highest degree of sensitivity, compassion and respect for service members and their families and ensure that calls remain free of any political bias.
4. Ensure consistency of service regardless of installation, location or any other factor.
5. Documents all cases into the Management System.
6. Monitors all research, referrals and additional materials sent to users/customers.
7. Take on special projects, as requested, based on business needs.
Minimum Entry Level Qualifications
- Education: Master s degree in Social Work or other human services field required.
- Licensures: License to practice independently preferred but not required.
Years and Type of Relevant Work Experience:
A minimum of three years of related, graduate work experience, preferably in an Employee Assistance Program setting; Military spouse or family member, or experience in military community highly desirable; Diverse experience in counseling, social work or mental health services; Employee Assistance Program and substance abuse experience; Knowledge of mandated procedures for child and elder abuse situations; Knowledge and experience in core service areas of child development, parenting, adoption, education and services for older adults; Excellent customer service, communication, business and technical skills.
- Position requires U.S. Citizenship
Meet Your Recruiter
Manager, Strategic Accounts
James has been going the extra mile for both candidates and clients since joining The Panther Group in 2009. When not at work, he spends his time having adventures with his two sons.
Fun Fact: James once had to shave his head when he lost a wager with a former Panther colleague that the Bruins would beat the Canadians in the playoffs.