Credit Risk Officer
New York, NY 10017
Credit Risk Officer
- This position is required to interact with all lending areas at the bank, to opine on the acceptability of specific credit requests, to use one s experience and background to assist the individual business units management and staff in targeting acceptable credit risks and underwriting practices. Generally, a Credit Risk Officers concurrence with any given loan request will be a requirement.
- For all credit granting business units determined to fall under the credit risk departments responsibility (as determined by Senior Management and/or Credit Policy) the CRO will:
- Provide an opinion on the acceptability of any credit proposal which meets the threshold for CRO review per loan policy. For credits requiring Credit Committee approval this is to be a written opinion which outlines the basis for the recommendation. Recommendations can be to support or decline and may carry conditions.
- Opine on the accuracy of the risk rating on all credits presented to a CRO for review.
- Provide guidance to the account officer and business unit management for all prospective credit requests. Guidance to include feedback on creditworthiness, loan structuring, compliance with bank policy and assessing the completeness and accuracy of the credit underwriting. This guidance is to come in conjunction with that of the business unit management.
- Identify all "at risk" credits (risk rated 6W or worse) and credits noted for Extra Attention in conjunction with the line officers and assure that they are properly reported at the quarterly watch list meetings. Specific guidance on action plans and remedial efforts is expected.
- The CRO will monitor the portfolio performance of their assigned units for the below credit quality measures, when such information is available:
- Weighted average risk ratings
- Risk rating changes/migrations
- Past dues
- Charge offs/recoveries
- Expired and expiring lines
- Over lines and over advances
- The CRO will provide input to management on the adequacy of the Bank's Credit Policy.
- The CRO will provide input to business line management on the credit skills of line unit staff and when appropriate will offer training and/or guidance on credit related issues to the line unit staff.
- The CRO will assist management in portfolio review activities as a special project if a specific concern arises.
- The CRO is expected to remain current on financial and market trends which would impact the credit portfolios served as well as general credit risk issues in the industry.
- Bachelor s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 10 years experience in a role of Commercial Credit granting.
Harris is a seasoned veteran in the recruiting industry, managing and enhancing the candidate and client recruitment process for the New York tri-state area. He is a proud father of two Rutgers University grads, and is enjoying his "empty nest" with his wife of 31 years.
Fun Fact: Although he is a Mets and Jets fan, he still tries to keep a smile on his face!