Customer Service Representative
New York, NY 10004
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance to consumers seeking health care coverage including providing information on financial assistance programs and public health care programs (Medicaid, FHP, and CHIP).Process applications for health care coverage via the telephone including building tax household, household income, eligibility determinations, and interpreting of determinations.
- Process enrollments into QHPs, plan changes, and dis enrollments.
- Processing of life events and special enrollment periods.
- Assist Brokers and Navigators with inquiries and eligibility and enrollment issues as appropriate.
- Perform co-browse interactions with consumers seeking assistance with the application process via the Portal.
- Assist customers including prospective enrollees and people assisting enrollees or acting on their behalf, via the phone and web in accordance with all Department and Company performance standards, policy and procedures, and protocols.
- Assist in explaining plan enrollment options including but not limited to covered services, participating providers, and cost.
- Provides information and direction to callers regarding web-based, mail-in and telephone application/renewals, and other programs as applicable.
- Facilitates the fulfillment of caller requests for materials via mail, email, or download. Responds to all inquiries consistent with confidentiality and privacy policies and refers callers to alternate sources when appropriate.
- Accesses, reads, and interprets data elements on all applicable Company and state systems to provide support, resolve inquires, and educate callers.
- Escalate calls or issues to the appropriate designated staff for resolution as needed.
- Enters appropriate data and information into the applicable systems to process applications and/or update caller information, confirm the accuracy of the customer information and uses every call as an opportunity to provide education and support.
- Facilitates translation services for non-English speaking callers according to procedures.
- Attends meetings and trainings as requested and maintains up-to-date knowledge of all programs and systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Associates or Bachelor s degree from an accredited college or university and/or previous experience in customer service.
- Preferable experience in a Call Center, human services, health care or service-related field.
Meet Your Recruiter
Manager, Strategic Accounts
James has been going the extra mile for both candidates and clients since joining The Panther Group in 2009. When not at work, he spends his time having adventures with his two sons.
Fun Fact: James once had to shave his head when he lost a wager with a former Panther colleague that the Bruins would beat the Canadians in the playoffs.