Director, Robotic Engineering Systems
Lexington, MA 02421
- Strategize the delivery of products and projects for a team of engineers
- Support the engineering team and program managers in execution of all project needs and requirements
- Guide overall projects and prepares for potential future issues
- Leads continuous improvement efforts
- Works closely with team and VP of Land Systems
- Applies principles, theories, concepts and oversight to a large range of real and potential issues
- Recommends best engineers and team for each project
- Evaluates and hires externally as needed with PMs
- Outline alternatives, pros/cons, and risk mitigation strategies for different projects
- Work with VP in setting goals and tasks for the engineering team
- Excel in the product development process and manage 3 engineering team leads by implementing best practices and programs
- Provide technical advice on any problems, when appropriate
- Leads the review of design and documentation of systems
- Verifies conformance to project standard during projects
- Pre-employment background check
- U.S. Citizenship
- Works effectively with production, maintenance and repair, and quality to continually improve life-cycle costs of our products and improve quality.
- Has a demonstrated track record in successfully transitioning electromechanical products from engineering into production.
- Engineering experience with Robotics (software or hardware would be ideal)
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience
- Bachelor s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or a related engineering discipline with 10+ years of experience.
- MS in Engineering preferred.
Rob Studivan specializes in working with Quality, Manufacturing, Software, Electrical, Mechanical, and many other types of engineers and manufacturing professionals. He’s looking to connect candidates with great clients today!
Fun Fact: Rob is graduating from Nichols College in May 2019 with an MBA and an MSOL.