Wrentham, MA 02093
- Studies work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, reference planes, locations of surfaces and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Operates EDM equipment including set-up and program editing with ability to produce advanced routine/non-routine parts and components.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors, i.E., speed, feed, coolant flow and enter command to retrieve, input or edit computerized machine control media
- Observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Perform work-piece in-process inspection by checking accuracy of work against blue prints/specifications using advanced gaging techniques for product conformity.
- Collaborate with supervisors, engineers, programmers, and production personnel to troubleshoot problems, and recommend solutions.
- Assist in training of personnel as required.
- Maintain safe operations by following safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Other duties as required.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 3 to 5 years EDM machining experience.
- Knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures involving EDM machines including editing computer-aided software and their applications.
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting machining and fabrication drawings.
- Ability to use common measuring equipment, i.E., micrometers, calipers, gauges (pin, thread, indicator, height), optical comparators and CMM.
- Solid math, geometry and trigonometry skills and understanding GD&T.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment.
- Ability to work overtime as required by production demands.
Rob Studivan specializes in working with Quality, Manufacturing, Software, Electrical, Mechanical, and many other types of engineers and manufacturing professionals. He’s looking to connect candidates with great clients today!
Fun Fact: Rob is graduating from Nichols College in May 2019 with an MBA and an MSOL.