Sterling Heights MI
3-5 years experience
Support the lead, design and development of specialized test tools and data collection software programs to Verify and validate functional performance of hardware to meet engineering development, regression testing, government witness testing, and independent software tests in compliance with design requirements.
The engineering specialist will work with a group of lab Design & Development engineers guiding them through procedures on how the test system operates.
The engineer also designs other tools to support Power Testing, Real-Time Operational Testing, CAN/1553/GbE/UBIM Testing, User friendly LabVIEW application S/W to control VXI, PXI, PCI, and GbE instruments, GO, NO-GO and Failure Area indicators, Electronic Personality Interface Adapters and high density common interfaces for quick change of LRU s on test console.
Also responsible for:
1. Measurement repeatability, matched data storage by part number and serial number, Tests capability for Electronic and Electro-Optical LRU s and subsystems
2. Provide support to Abrams and Stryker production test equipment and product validation
3. Demonstrate problem solving skills to investigate and expedite corrections to field and production issues
4. Provide support and maintenance for laboratory conventional and computerized test equipment. At a minimum this includes selection, direction for procurement, configuration activities, and periodic/preventative maintenance, repair, and calibration of test assets on and off sites.
5. Design electronic circuits, functions, and sub-systems necessary to evaluate and test company products at the sub-system and system level. At a minimum, this includes analog and digital circuits, voltage translation, switching functions, interconnect cables, monitor panels, test boxes, and ensure design include proper grounding and shielding principles to minimize test system and interface effect on test samples.
6. Provide documentation for designs, processes & procedures.
7. Participate in design reviews offering constructive criticism to ensure sound designs are implemented, and placement of documents into configuration management system.
Bachelors Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, or Computer Engineering with a minimum of 2 years of applicable experience.
Capable of operating Test Instrumentation, including Oscilloscopes, DMMs, Function Generators, and DAQs, and interpreting measurements.
Experience developing software code, such as Visual Basic, C++, LabVIEW Experience developing electronic circuits and cables Experience developing electronic schematic drawings Skilled in troubleshooting electronic circuits Experience developing test code/scripts to control NI Data Acquisition modules is a plus. Must have good computer skills (email, MS-Office, internet)
Able and willing to travel domestically, and internationally
Able and willing to work occasional overtime and/or 2nd-shift to meet deadlines.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.