Electrical/Vetronics Design Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI 48310
Bachelors Degree required.
The successful candidate will design and develop Electrical/Vetronic architecures for ground combat vehicles. Your work will entail everything from first concepts, to the development and deployment of these advanced systems. The designs may range from semi-autonomous to fully autonomous capabilities leveraging the latest in industry.
- Perform system analysis and derive Electrical/Vetronic Architectures that meet or exceed system requirements
- Concept to production delivery support including design, debug, test, and qualification of design articles
- Design and Develop Electrical Components, LRUs and Subsystems for processor, I/O, and display products
- Construct and Design new control solution(s), familiarity of design concepts and approaches to motion control and fire control applications
- Perform system, subsystem, LRU-level requirements analysis as relates to weapon motion control, identifying interfaces required functionality
- Design, Develop and Support circuit design, component selection, procurement, and prototype hardware debug and builds
- Review and develop H/W and S/W requirement documents and test plans
- Understanding, familiarity and development of system, subsystem level requirements (e.G., SSDD, SRS, Schematics, Vetronics Architectures, ICDs, etc.)
- Understanding and development of vehicle subsystem-level integration and test plans
Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or related engineering field and 10+ years of experience required.
- Broad based knowledge of electrical systems, system/subsystem, hardware, and software requirements
- Proven and demonstrated experience with integration of electrical / electronic components and associated software/hardware into ground combat vehicles
- Experience with network-based vehicle (combat or automotive) architectures
- Experience trouble shooting Vetronics systems required
- Experience with link-based (e.G., CAN) diagnostic systems required
- Experience with J1939 CAN protocol
- Experience with SIL and vehicle-based Vetronics testing
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and UDP protocol
- Ability to use engineering development and test tools
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with interdisciplinary teams
- Strong multi-tasking skills
Director of Operations
Rich Kirk has been part of The Panther Group for 6 years. He has worked his way up from an entry level recruiter to the Director of Operations for the Engineering Division.
Fun Fact: A native of England, Rich is an avid soccer fan and plays just like David Beckham