Somerville, MA 02145
Position Title Grants Assistant
The grants assistant handles various aspects of securing grants to support educational activities and works to facilitate positive collaborations that improve academic education and ultimately patient care while protecting against bias.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Handles the negotiation and administration of educational grants for the support of educational programs
- Reviews and edits grant agreements to ensure all necessary conditions are included
- Negotiates contract revisions with pharmaceutical and medical device companies
- Collects and reviews supporting documentation for grant agreements, including budgets and conflict of interest disclosure forms
- Provides staffing to the meetings of the committee charged with overseeing support of educational activities
- Drafts memoranda and other materials for review by the committee
- Develops educational materials and other communications regarding policies and procedures for accepting educational grants and educates hospital clinical departments on policy requirements.
- Maintains positive relationships with the hospital program directors and departments receiving educational grants.
- Fosters relationships with grant administrators at pharmaceutical and medical device companies.
- Maintains a current and in-depth understanding of policies and regulations that govern the area of receiving educational grants
- Detail-oriented and able to organize and process large number of grant materials
- Able to clearly and effectively communicate in a verbal and written manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills required
- High level of proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor's degree required
- Two to four years of experience working in securing or managing grants in a non-profit setting or comparable experience working with contract negotiation and review
- Paralegal experience or certification preferred
- Experience working with physicians and administrators in large complex not-for-profit institutions preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support and the Physician Payment Sunshine Act preferred