Human Resources Generalist
New York, NY 10002
As a part of the People team, you will play a dynamic role in shaping and executing people policies, spanning employee relations, onboarding and training, performance management, recruitment, succession planning, career development, payroll, benefits, and compliance. There might not be a typical day for you, so you are comfortable wearing multiple hats and having a range of responsibilities. You bring a can-do, hands-on attitude to everything you do.
- Serve as lead HR point of contact for 1-2 divisions and administer people operations for those divisions
- Maintain strong relations with supervisors to ensure healthy feedback and dialogue about implementation and effectiveness of talent programs
- Provide advice and coaching to managers regarding employee relations practices, policies, and employment laws
- Manage goal setting, ongoing performance feedback and coaching, and the year-end evaluation process
- Support recruiting: Consult with hiring managers on job design and assist in interviewing/candidate selection
- Monitor turnover and develop strategies to maintain/enhance morale and retention
- Serve as first escalation point for staff, management, and vendors related to employee services, benefits, and counseling
- Deliver internal training programs as needed
- Hear and resolve employee concerns or grievances
- Counsel employees and supervisors on disciplinary procedures
- Update and maintain employee handbook and HR Department Procedure and Policy Manual
- Administer termination processes, including conducting and analyzing exit interviews and coordinating with all departments to ensure proper termination for all exiting employees
Strategy and Program Design
- Stay abreast of external trends and research relevant to HR and talent management
- Design and manage employee training and development including oversight of professional development seminars and internal workshops opportunities for staff (i.E. Interviewing, onboarding, terminations, promotions, feedback, performance reviews, employee goal setting, management training, safety, and sexual harassment)
- Review and recommend updates to our policies, including FLSA job classifications
- Oversee the administration of medical and group insurance benefits and claims, including acting as liaison with medical brokers
- Administer disability and unemployment policies and claims
- Study and assess benefit needs and trends, including recommending benefit programs, obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids, and awarding benefit contracts
- Conduct educational programs on benefit programs and respond to employee questions regarding benefits
What We re Looking for
- Our leaders are great communicators with a high degree of integrity, accountability, and emotional intelligence.
- We value systems builders with well-honed management skills and a commitment to continuous performance improvement and achieving results.
- Excellent problem-solvers with thoughtful, data-driven approaches to challenges will find a home here. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- As the Senior Generalist, every single day your knowledge of HR conventions, benefits, employment law, people management and organizational development melds with your innovative spirit. You have a track record of success in leading change, possess excellent judgment, are a good listener, and inspire others.
- To this job you re bringing a customer service mentality and you readily gain the trust of both our leaders and staff.
- You handle sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion in addition to being a skilled trainer and coach of individuals and groups.
- Skilled at training and facilitating staff at all level in individual and group settings, you will enable the success of talent programs.
- Along the way you know that you ve picked up a solid knowledge of state and federal employment laws, a bachelor s degree and logged 5+ years of experience in talent management and personnel administration. SHRM Certification and/or an advanced degree is a plus.
Mike specializes in putting the right people in the right places as a Staffing Manager with our Direct Hire Division. He enjoys working with candidates to find the right fit and working with clients to find the right people! Mike enjoys golfing in his free time and binging Netflix shows.
Fun Fact: Mike has played in an alumni softball game with Red Sox legends at Fenway Park and a charity hockey game with Bruins legends!