Legal Administrative Assistant
Boston, MA 02110
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of complex legal documents; letters, pleadings, etc.
- Organization and maintenance of files, electronically and paper if necessary.
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings including monitoring calendars for the attorney.
- Ensuring all deadlines and court dates are provided to the docketing clerk for all litigation matters. Preparation of and maintaining tracking spreadsheets for various processes.
- Preparing Court filings to be submitted through Massachusetts ECF (Electronic Filing System).
- Accessing on-line databases for electronic research of matters
- Attorney billing processes, working with Billing department to send out invoices in a timely manner.
- Prepare documents for court appearances. Work with clients as required. Other duties as required and requested.
Qualified candidates must have:
- Min 5 years of strong legal administrative assistant experience including commercial litigation.
- Excellent organizational, technical, communication and proofreading skills.
- Strong technology skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to properly format complex documents.
- Experience with navigating a document management system, preferably NetDocuments.
- Experience with the Massachusetts U.S. District Court ECF Filing System.
Meet Your Recruiter
Michael specializes in direct hire placements as a Staffing Manager with The Panther Group. His favorite part of the job is getting to work with candidates through every step of the process in order to find the perfect fit for them. In his free time, Michael enjoy playing guitar and attending concerts.
Fun Fact: Michael had the opportunity to study abroad in Rome, Italy for one semester in College!