Legal Administrative Assistant
Framingham, MA 01702
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing Documents: Prioritizing work among assignments and meeting specific deadlines on projects. Coordinating document preparation, printing, copying, scanning and saving documents as needed.
- Maintaining Files: Maintaining electronic client records in compliance with current Firm policies. Working with Records personnel to create and maintain client files and indexes. Performing routine filing (Both electronic and some paper) and retrieving files as needed.
- Maintaining Calendar: Assisting in coordinating timekeeper calendars, court dates, event registrations, expense reports, travel, and meeting arrangements.
- Processing Mail: Preparing and processing ingoing/outgoing mail, email and faxes, arranging for specialized mail or messenger services as required. Ensuring that all attachments, exhibits and enclosures are included.
- Providing Administrative Support: Assisting with new client/matter intake process. Scheduling meetings and arranging for conference rooms. Communicating effectively with clients and with others in the firm. Proactively anticipating the business needs of the assigned attorneys; planning ahead and meeting deadlines.
- Performing other duties within the office as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5 years of experience providing expert legal administrative support in a law firm or similar .
- Strong experience working in the practice area of Trusts & Estates
- Experience with the Massachusetts U.S. District Court ECF Filing System.
Meet Your Recruiter
Michael specializes in direct hire placements as a Staffing Manager with The Panther Group. His favorite part of the job is getting to work with candidates through every step of the process in order to find the perfect fit for them. In his free time, Michael enjoy playing guitar and attending concerts.
Fun Fact: Michael had the opportunity to study abroad in Rome, Italy for one semester in College!