Boston, MA 02110
Our Client is seeking a Legal Assistant with patent prosecution and/or intellectual property litigation experience. The Legal Assistant manages dockets, assists with patent prosecution and litigation, prepares IP documents and correspondence, manages attorneys calendars and deadlines, processes client bills, and interacts with attorneys, clients, the USPTO and courts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist attorneys with various aspects of their docket.
- Organize and maintain electronic mail, facsimiles, docketing information and instructions, and take necessary action.
- Prepare documents for filing with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
- Review incoming correspondence including paper and electronic mail, facsimiles, docketed information, and client instructions and take necessary action.
- Interact with clients via telephone, electronic mail, and facsimile as necessary.
- Coordinate with colleagues and/or departments to ensure completion of assigned tasks and other requests.
- Preparation of Information Disclosure Statements for filing with the United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO); Preparation of search results and prior art lists for citation.
- Maintain accurate client contact information and reporting instructions.
- Maintain client specific instructions and relevant data.
- Utilize a range of software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Imanage, Relativity and other practice and firm specific applications.
Manager, Strategic Accounts
James has been going the extra mile for both candidates and clients since joining The Panther Group in 2009. When not at work, he spends his time having adventures with his two sons.
Fun Fact: James once had to shave his head when he lost a wager with a former Panther colleague that the Bruins would beat the Canadians in the playoffs.