Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor
Wrentham, MA 02093
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Manufacturing Engineering team and work in close collaboration with Logistics, Manufacturing, Quality Control and Facilities to ensure customers' needs are met.
- Manage the cost estimating, process planning (routings), CNC programming and design team.
- Interface with customer to review designs for manufacturability.
- Develop work standards and procedures that will increase department output.
- Manage Operational Excellence project.
- Evaluate/recommend new software tools and equipment to improve productivity.
- Provide technical input and task estimates on customer job requirements and ensure proper design and deployment of fixtures and tooling.
- Support project management by providing technical support.
- Other duties/projects as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
- Five years' experience managing an engineering team in a precision machining and/or fabrication environment.
- Familiar with all aspects of manufacturing including job costing, ISO standards, manufacturing procedures, order processing, packaging, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, time-management, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Experience working with MRP systems; SAP desired.
- Strong background working with AutoCAD & CAM systems, Autodesk Inventor, GibbsCAM and MS Office (Word, Excel, Project, Outlook).
- Understanding of IT systems in the area of manufacturing support is desired - i.E., DNC networks, tool management, process documentation control and application.
- Six Sigma & Lean manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to remain flexible with changing priorities in workloads and demand schedules.
- Meet the requirements under ITAR - U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder).
Rob Studivan specializes in working with Quality, Manufacturing, Software, Electrical, Mechanical, and many other types of engineers and manufacturing professionals. He’s looking to connect candidates with great clients today!
Fun Fact: Rob is graduating from Nichols College in May 2019 with an MBA and an MSOL.