Mechanical Design Engineer
Orlando, FL 32819
5 Positions Available!
Must have an active secret clearance.
Description: Mechanical Design Engineer to support a Missiles or Fire Control Development or Production Program effort. For Development program efforts, the candidate will perform conceptual and detail design of hardware system and subsystem components, create/release drawings, support design reviews, and support supplier/customer meetings. The engineer must be proficient in Pro-E/CREO and/or CATIA V.5, have good communication skills, be capable of performing trade studies/materials analysis, and be able to work with internal and external customers.
Tasks assigned may include:
- generation of Interface Control Drawings (ICD), generation of Instructional Engineering Release (IER) documents, creation of 3D solid models and 2D drawings, and performance of tolerance analyses.
- Effort will require coordination of design(s) with other mechanical, technical, and cross functional disciplines, and familiarity with hardware integration and testing.
- For Production program efforts, the candidate will perform engineering liaison type tasks and will be required to have specific experience with Material Review Board (MRB) initiatives.
- The candidate shall be familiar with manufacturing, and manufacturing processes, and be capable of collaborating with other technical staff members within Engineering and other cross functional teams (Manufacturing, Quality, Procurement, DCMA, Customer) in order to salvage procured hardware and maintain hardware process flow.
- The candidate shall have experience with the creation of 3D solid models, all types of 2D drawings, tolerance analysis, and hardware integration and testing. The candidate must be capable of incorporating Engineering Change Notices into existing drawings, and have familiarity with the concept of drawing revisions.
- Superior documentation skills are required and travel to the programs assembly and integration facilities in Ocala, FL or Troy, AL may be required.
- Mandatory: Bachelors of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering with a strong technical background, or 10 years of equivalent experience, and 6-8 years of Computer Aided Design software experience using PRO Engineer (PTC CREO2 or 3) and/or CATIA V.5.
- Candidate must be capable of creating and interpreting detail, assembly, and installation type drawings, and have knowledge of the concept of tolerance analysis and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Desired: Knowledge and proficiency with a model/drawing data management tool, Windchill.A general understanding or experience with manufacturing engineering and fabrication processes.Familiarity with Microsoft Office Applications.
- An active DOD Secret Clearance (with background performed within 5-years) is a plus.Prior LMC employment/experience is a plus.
- MUST HAVE ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE TO START WITH REINVESTIGATION PERFORMED WITHIN LAST 5 YEARS
Aaron Smiles - Aaron joined our National Engineering Recruiting team in 2018. Aaron has a passion for candidates and partnering with them to find their perfect new job! Previously Aaron worked as a Tennis Professional and Program Manager at a local health club.
Fun fact about Aaron: Larry Bird patted him on the head when he was a baby.