Wrentham, MA 02093
- Studies work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, reference planes, locations of surfaces and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Operates primary and high-end machinery including set-up and complete program understanding with editing ability to produce complex, non-routine parts and components.
- Perform assignments involving machining of:
- surfaces at unusual or compound angles
- items that require different or compound indexing
- multiple lead and various other non-standard screw threads
- helical or other types of gears, worm threads
- surfaces closely interrelated dimensions or complex configurations that usually require special adaption or extension of the use of conventional machine tools.
- Perform machining operations on CNC machine tools including shop floor programming and using such procedures as multiple setups, in place machining of fixtures, debugging first run programs and making or suggesting changes to machine tool program.
- Research new developments in machining and advise in new equipment acquisitions and provide ROI.
- Maintain safe operations by following safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 7-10 years machining experience in a manufacturing production environment.
- Advanced knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures involving CNC machines.
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques.
- Ability to read and interpret machining and fabrication drawings.
- Solid math, geometry and trigonometry skills and understanding GD&T.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment.
- Ability to work overtime as required by production demands.
90% Paid Health Insurance
401k with Match
Paid Sick & Vacation Time
Rob Studivan specializes in working with Quality, Manufacturing, Software, Electrical, Mechanical, and many other types of engineers and manufacturing professionals. He’s looking to connect candidates with great clients today!
Fun Fact: Rob is graduating from Nichols College in May 2019 with an MBA and an MSOL.