Principal Mobility Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI 48312
We are seeking a Principal Mobility Engineer in support of our Combat Vehicle platforms. The selected candidate will join a team in the integration of of powertrain systems, including engines, transmissions, and powertrain cooling. The position role includes responsibility to:
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensures compliance with company and program safety objectives.
- Prepare and presenting project technical results and recommendations Participate in formal technical reviews
- Provide input and status to project lead on technical content, cost, schedule, and workload requirements.
- Lead the design effort of mobility systems with assigned design support
- Support creation of test plans and reports
- Experience in the design and integration of one or more of the following mobility systems: diesel engines, transmissions, or cooling systems.
- Working knowledge of relevant military or commercial design or drawing standards.
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing and coordinating with company personnel, customers, and suppliers
- Good knowledge of products and advanced knowledge of functional or technical area; advanced knowledge of engineering principles and practices in area of expertise.
- Ability to identify, define, interpret, and resolve engineering problems involving conflicting design/contractual/policy or technical requirements across functional areas.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare technical reports, papers, and presentations and deliver them in written and oral form.
- Proven experience communicating effectively with cross-functional engineering teams.
- Experience in developing engine, transmission, or powertrain cooling systems for military ground combat vehicles
- Development of powertrain models in AMESim
6 years relevant experience in development of diesel engines, transmissions, or powertrain cooling systems.
Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Client Relationship Coordinator
Marques joined The Panther Group in 2015. He developed a keen eye for talent which serves both our candidates and clients well!
Fun Fact: He is a big Boston sports fan, and is a season ticket holder for the New England Patriots.