Principal Mobility Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI 48312
We are seeking a Principal Mobility Engineer in support of our Combat Vehicle platforms. The selected candidate will join a team in the integration of of powertrain systems, including engines, transmissions, and powertrain cooling. The position role includes responsibility to:
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensures compliance with company and program safety objectives.
- Prepare and presenting project technical results and recommendations Participate in formal technical reviews
- Provide input and status to project lead on technical content, cost, schedule, and workload requirements.
- Lead the design effort of mobility systems with assigned design support
- Support creation of test plans and reports
- Experience in the design and integration of one or more of the following mobility systems: diesel engines, transmissions, or cooling systems.
- Working knowledge of relevant military or commercial design or drawing standards.
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing and coordinating with company personnel, customers, and suppliers
- Good knowledge of products and advanced knowledge of functional or technical area; advanced knowledge of engineering principles and practices in area of expertise.
- Ability to identify, define, interpret, and resolve engineering problems involving conflicting design/contractual/policy or technical requirements across functional areas.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare technical reports, papers, and presentations and deliver them in written and oral form.
- Proven experience communicating effectively with cross-functional engineering teams.
- Experience in developing engine, transmission, or powertrain cooling systems for military ground combat vehicles
- Development of powertrain models in AMESim
6 years relevant experience in development of diesel engines, transmissions, or powertrain cooling systems.
Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Client Relationship Manager
John Sabbagh has over 10 years of recruiting experience. Starting his career as an Entry Level Recruiter at Panther, our candidates find him genuine and great resource to their career search!
Fun Fact: John is a sports fanatic, he plays in horseshoe and cornhole leagues and loves fantasy football.