Principal Systems Engineer
Dallas, TX 75203
- Develop and implement 5G DSP architecture and interface
- Extract wireless network requirements to define RAN and BBU requirements from 3GPP, xRAN, eCPRI, IEEE917 and others
- Specify 5G BBU features
- Use 5G cases to define RAN architectures, reqs and functions to enhance mobile broadband, low latency, and large scale IoT
- Work with customers, partners and internal departments to develop high end 5G products and network plans for increased profit
- Support execution of all product deliverables from start to finish
- Experience with LTE BBU functions including PHY, MAC, RLC, PDCP, and RRC
- Direct experience in developing DSP architecture and implement all physical layers including HARQ, iFFT, FFT, MIMO and OFDM
- Experience with architecture and RAN fronthaul and backhaul interfaces
- Experience with planning 3G and 4G RAN achitectures and migrating towards Cloud RAN, Son, COMP, and virtual networks
- Experience with both large and small cell architecture for LTE
- Work with all LTE stack layers in data, control and maintenance
- Coordination experience with IEEE-1588
- Understanding of network capacity execution and latency optimization and analysis
- Knowledge of wirless architectures including LTE, HSPA, MIMO, and MU-MIMO and massive MIMO
- Ability to document all work procedures
- Minimum of 10 years direct experience.
- Bachelor of Science or a related field with 12 years of experience or Master of Science or a related field with 8 of experience.
- Advance degree preferred.
Rob Studivan specializes in working with Quality, Manufacturing, Software, Electrical, Mechanical, and many other types of engineers and manufacturing professionals. He’s looking to connect candidates with great clients today!
Fun Fact: Rob is graduating from Nichols College in May 2019 with an MBA and an MSOL.