Quality Control Inspector
Wrentham, MA 02093
Notes from HR:
QC INSPECTOR: No relocation, No sponsorship, 1hr drive is acceptable.
$20-$23/hr with 15% differential
M-Thursday 2: 30pm to 1am
3 day weekend
3-5 years experience required
must have experience working in metals
plastics industry not acceptable
open to people in medical devices as well they deal with refractory metal parts.
must be able to ready and interpret blue prints
must have experience using CMM (does manual CMM)
must have experience with instruments like gauge, micrometers and optical comparators
must be able to create inspection routines
- Perform complex first piece, in-process and finished machined part inspections including first article inspection on production assemblies and sub-assemblies for conformance to quality assurance standards.
- Accurately completes all quality control documentation such as non-conforming material, travelers, and control charts.
- Ability to accurately create and store electronic inspection reports using customer drawings and specifications.
- Follows verbal and/or written instructions such as blueprints, traveler, work instruction, process specifications, sketches, and direction of supervisor in completing a variety of inspection tasks.
- Verify that inspection equipment, machinery and tools used are calibrated per Company standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned, to maintain efficiency throughout the Company.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Technical school education in manufacturing technology and/or ASQ certified inspector a plus.
- Three to five years work experience in a manufacturing production environment.
- Strong knowledge of GD&T and ability to read and interpret machining and fabrication drawings.
- Proficiency in the use of the MS Windows (Word, Excel, Outlook) and MRP systems.
- Strong attention to detail and advanced shop math skills.
- Ability to calculate trigonometry formulas a plus.
- Knowledge of running and programming Zeiss Calypso CMM software a plus.
- Team player with ability to work with minimal supervision and interface with all departments.
- Knowledge of aerospace requirements (AS9100, AS9102, ASTM s) preferable.
- Ability to work overtime as required by production demands.
- Meet the requirements under ITAR U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder).