Chelmsford, MA 01824
The Senior RF Engineer will be a key contributor in developing the next generation 5G small cell radio points. He/she will develop 5G automated RF testing capability from the existing 4G automated RF test platform. The Senior RF Engineer will also be a key contributor for the 5G radio development including RF design/analysis, schematic capture, layout support, and radio bring-up, de-bug, and qualification testing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In conjunction with SW/HW, integration testing of radio with system hardware, FPGA and Software
- High level 4G and 5G radio design (RF line-up, simulation, etc.) and implementation including: schematic, component selection, detailed performance (RF line-up, simulation, etc.), tolerance analysis, etc.
- Design Verification Test (DVT) RF test automation development for 4G LTE & 5G NR small cell hardware radio evaluations
- Maintenance and Support of multiple Radio DVT test platforms, some located off-site
- Upgrade the DVT test platform to 5G NR capability, new RFIC components, and new 5G test waveforms
- Specifying and evaluating specialized FPGA images required for DVT test platform upgrades
- Specifying and evaluating standards-based LTE waveforms
- Manage small network of PCs and test equipment
- Support manufacturing RF test development
Education and Experience
Bachelors in a related curriculum such as Electrical Engineering with 8+ years experience
Masters in a related curriculum such as Electrical Engineering with 5+ years experience
- Working knowledge of 4G and 5G base station conformance Testing (3GPP 136.141 and 138.141)
- Working knowledge of LTE transmitter and receiver testing using vector signal generators and analyzers
- Excellent knowledge of RF measurement theory
- Experience with Python, SCPI, CLI, Excel pivot chart, matlab and git repositories
- Proficiency in automated programming of modern RF test equipment including spectrum analyzers, signal generators, network analyzers, thermal chambers, etc
- Knowledge of modern digital communication system designs including familiarity with complex RF waveforms.
- MatLab LTE toolbox, Linux shell environment, and Linux programming via CLI and network interfaces
- Familiarity with LTE
Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or a current Green Card holder