Boston, MA 02115
The Research Administrator/Senior Research Administrator is responsible for supporting faculty and staff throughout the lifecycle of a funded project, including guidance with proposal preparation, proposal review and submission, award review and negotiation, post award non-financial management and close-out of the project. The RA/SRA brings together a broad range of knowledge and experience in support of a portfolio of school and department research programs (ranging from small to large and diverse in subject area) and ensures compliance with university and sponsor policies and procedures. The SRA serves as the primary contact for research active faculty and administrators regarding grant proposals and other research administration matters. In addition to these responsibilities, the RA/SRA may serve as a resource for faculty members or staff who needs additional assistance or training during the project life cycle. The RA/SRA will be engaged in a variety of initiatives ranging from systems implementation to policy and process development.The RA/SRA participates in efforts to improve and simplify research administration including serving on university committees, attending and presenting at internal forums and staying abreast of developments in the research administration arena. The RA/SRA will be a member of a team that is dedicated to service excellence, quality, accountability, standards and embraces continuous improvement.REQUIRED SKILLS
- BA/BS and a minimum of 2-4 years of progressively responsible experience within the field of research administration/sponsored programs administration
- Experience with and knowledge of major federal/non-federal sponsors; federal circulars and typical administrative terms and conditions
- Experience with electronic grants administration systems such as grants.Gov, eRA commons, Fastlane and similar systems
- Must be self-directed, possess good judgement and problem-solving skills and be comfortable in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrated customer service and continuous improvement experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptability, comfort and utilization of information systems.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Advanced degree in business/public administration, finance or law
- Contracting experience in the sponsored projects arena
- Experience with Lean process principles