New York, NY 10017
Working within the Office of Enterprise Risk Management will support all aspects of the enterprise-wide risk management program. Overall responsibilities include facilitating the identification of risks throughout the organization, developing, reporting and monitoring formats on risk management issues and developing methodologies for the assessment of risks throughout the organization. This role will require communicating with individuals throughout the institution regarding risk practices and emerging risks in various business units. This role may also act as a consultative resource to the first and second lines of defense, put together risk presentations or informational reports for business unit leaders, executive management and the Board of Directors, and help create entity-wide policies related to risk management and risk governance.
- Performing risk assessments on different business units, as well as assisting business units in performing self-assessments and self-testing.
- Working with business lines and support teams on development of action plans to remediate any heightened risk resulting from ERM risk assessments and identify opportunities to improve internal controls; and assist in developing policies and control processes for managing such risk exposures.
- Managing the Issues Management reporting and notification process.
- Helping create entity-wide policies and procedures as new risk regulations are promulgated or as the business environment changes.
- Writing memoranda to ensure the Bank complies with new regulations or justification for the acceptance of risk
- Compiling and monitoring key risk indicators, assessing the need for new indicators depending on the change in the entity s business or processes
- Preparing presentations for Senior Management or Board of Directors Executive Risk Committee.
- Preparing ad-hoc risk management reports as assigned.
- Helping perform comprehensive and well thought-out quantitative analyses and justifying the results and ERM s conclusion in a logical manner.
- Keeping up-to-date with the industry best practices and new regulations.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- At least 2 years of work experience in risk management, Internal Audit, External Audit, or risk management for a financial institution, consulting firm, or regulatory agency.
- Must have excellent written, verbal, organizational and presentation skills.
- Collaborative team player and demonstrated ability to be flexible and easily shift among various tasks and projects.
- Knowledge of credit, liquidity, market, and capital risks is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Software Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- An understanding of finance/ accounting/business operations, either through educational degree or work experience.
- Ability to understand sound risk/reward decisions.
- Ability to consciously balance data, logic and intuition in all activities.
- Ability to think broadly, generate simple and creative ideas, and to translate strategy to execution.
- Self- motivated and able to work effectively both independently and as a team.
Harris is a seasoned veteran in the recruiting industry, managing and enhancing the candidate and client recruitment process for the New York tri-state area. He is a proud father of two Rutgers University grads, and is enjoying his "empty nest" with his wife of 31 years.
Fun Fact: Although he is a Mets and Jets fan, he still tries to keep a smile on his face!