Chicago, IL 60606
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant will be involved with the preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, cash management, the financial closing and financial reporting processes.
- Responsible for preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and other duties as part of the monthly financial close.
- Prepare/review account analysis as required including summarize and present findings.
- Assist with preparation of financial statements, including preparation of Quarterly and Annual Statement filings.
- Participate in the preparation of quarterly and annual regulatory filings, including premium taxes.
- Maintain Holding Company and non-insurance company general ledgers. Balance intercompany accounts.
- Adhere to internal controls related to the financial processes and continually evaluate and improve controls.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
- Good understanding of the health insurance industry, its products, financials and operations.
- Strong knowledge of insurance financial systems.
- Experience with Medicare Advantage products a plus.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in financial and accounting roles, supervisory experience a plus.
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform multiple functions.
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and financial software, Oracle a plus.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA or equivalent financial designation a plus.
Manager, Strategic Accounts
James has been going the extra mile for both candidates and clients since joining The Panther Group in 2009. When not at work, he spends his time having adventures with his two sons.
Fun Fact: James once had to shave his head when he lost a wager with a former Panther colleague that the Bruins would beat the Canadians in the playoffs.