Senior Systems Analyst
Boston, MA 02111
This position reports to the Director of Finance Systems, and is responsible for the project management, analysis, and implementation of changes to the core systems for the purpose of improving the existing systems or providing new information or capabilities where none exists for all revenue cycle areas based on business objectives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Manages projects (plan, oversee, implement and document) to assure that the scope and direction of each project is on track and on schedule. Coordinate resources within Finance Systems, IT department and external vendors.
- Primary responsibilities include initial assessment of scope, effort and resources, writing project charters, facilitating project initiation meetings, project planning, managing execution of project tasks, monitoring progress and timelines, and project status and other communication.
- Develop full scale project plans and manage project resource allocations. Focuses on meeting project commitments, including communications with sponsors, stakeholders, etc.
- Provides off shift support for project implementations.
- Develop strong and positive rapport with key users and stakeholders based on project assignments.
- Analyzes current systems and operational procedures and identifies problems or opportunities for improvement.
- Identifies computer solutions that will result in procedural improvement.
- Produces exact and complete system requirement documents when recommending enhancements to the system.
- Acts as liaison between Finance Systems and Revenue Cycle departments including Patient Accounts to facilitate systems analysis and design process.
- Participates actively in testing of Cerner, GE/IDX, PatientKeeper and other system changes, including creating test plans, loading data, analyzing output, resolving problems, and modifying written procedures.
- Coordinates with IT for system changes resulting from regulatory updates and other requirements.
- Create special and standard reports, utilizing associated data for analyzing and making recommendations for improvements within Revenue Cycle, Patient Accounts as well as other Departments.
- Maintain and enhance database tools to be used as the analytical framework for the daily operations of the department.
- Develops recommendations to the Director and Manager to improve workflow based on enhanced system functions.
- Provides system support to other departmental users, troubleshooting and solving application and technical problems.
- Uses internal tracking system to monitor, and document resolution of system user issues, questions and requests.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong administrative project management skills (maintaining project schedule, status reports, budget, compliance with project management methodology)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under time constraints due to departmental deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to changes in workflow.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and independently.
- Ability to manage conflicts.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask to meet multiple deadlines
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Accounting or related field.
- A minimum of five to seven years in project management and / or systems implementation in healthcare finance.
Meet Your Recruiter
Director, Client Services
Ashley Dineen has been with The Panther Group since 2009 and has worked within many areas of the company including payroll, compliance, on-boarding, recruitment, and client management.
Ashley is a mother of two and enjoys spending time with family in her spare time.