Sr Systems Administrator
Ft Belvoir, VA 02494
We seek an experienced Systems Administrator to support all current and planned systems that support our customer s COTS applications including network and system design, implementation, and management.
The candidate must be experienced with applying STIGs to Windows servers, laptops, desktops, printers, GPOs, and be familiar with the impacts on the related applications. The candidate must have excellent communication and documentation skills, and will be responsible for creating all related standards, operating procedures, and security documentation.
To be successful in this position you need to be collaborative and willing to work within a team. While you will need to be a self-starter completing tasks on your own, working together is critical in this role. You will be interfacing with the client and senior staff. Therefore, you should be articulate in your communications because your opinion matters. You will need to explain technical intricacies in a way that is easily understood
- With minimum guidance provides technical expertise, including performing in-depth and complex software systems programming and analysis. Assists in the design of architectures to include software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
- Ensures these systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems and DoD architectures.
- Determines and identifies high level functional and technical requirements based on interactions with the user community and knowledge of the enterprise architecture.
- Identifies, assesses, and presents options for meeting the functional and technical requirements including hardware and software updates or upgrades.
- Formulates and defines specifications for operating system applications or modifies and maintains existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer.
- Interacts with project management to plan project schedules and technical direction.
- Responsible for quality assurance review and the evaluation of existing and new software products.
- Create, manage, and monitor maintenance plans and procedures that take into consideration operating environment limitations (such as space, available resources, and operational tempo)
- Migrate existing applications to new virtual servers
- Coordinate with other system administrators to provide support for a variety of COTS tools and technologies
- Evaluate and install new software releases, patches, and system upgrades
- Perform operations in a manner that minimizes impact on application downtime
- Plan, test, and implement initiatives to incorporate new technologies not currently present within the client environment
- Identify and troubleshoot system issues
- Coordinate with other teams to diagnose and correct issues
- Communicate with program manager and government leads as to the progress of open items and work with security specialists and other infrastructure resources as needed
- Backup and recovery
- Develop, document, and apply procedures for systems backup and recovery
- Establish procedures for COOP
- Perform test recoveries on a regular basis
- Security and STIGs
- Support the Certification and Accreditation process - run scans; resolve findings; document solutions, workarounds or provide justifications for exceptions
- Document, implement, and maintain security policies in accordance with DISA STIG requirements
- Implement mitigations of security vulnerabilities in response to IAVAs
- Support auditing requirements
- Define and oversee database standards, controls, procedures, and documentation
- Create documentation required for Release Management Framework (RMF)
- Complete planning and documentation prior to new integration or implementation
- Ensure that documentation is complete and up-to-date
- Maintain and document scripts and batch processes
- Provide weekly and monthly status reports
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Current active Secret Clearance with SSBI. Able to obtain Top Secret Clearance.
Must meet DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II requirements prior to start of work, including IA Baseline and CE/OS Certifications
- Security+ CE and Microsoft Server or Server + certification
5-8 years work experience as Systems Administrator
- Experience with Microsoft s Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- Operation, maintenance of software/network on virtual and physical hosts supporting the Windows operating systems
- Accounts management in Active Directory
- Experience with administering systems in a government environment a plus
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and decision-making capabilities, including understanding user requirements, troubleshooting technical issues, successfully resolving issues and challenges, and developing creative solutions for process improvement
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Strong organizational and collaborative skills
- Strong teamwork and engagement as a project team member.
- Ability to assimilate information rapidly, motivated to self-study new requirements
- Maintain current industry knowledge of relevant concepts; practices and procedures
- Ability to work under time constraints
- Willing to perform other duties as assigned
- Adapt to changes in requirements and new projects
- Maintain and upgrade certifications
- Experience applying STIGs to Windows servers, laptops, desktops, printers, GPOs, and MS SQL Server databases
- Experience in SharePoint administration a plus
- Experience with technologies such as SCCM, WSUS, virtual environments, NAS, and Windows clustering service
- May program in an administrative language (PowerShell, VBS, etc.)
- Familiarity with HBSS applications
- ACAS scanning and reporting
- SCAP scanning and remediation
- Remote support to end users and servers
- Citrix server management
- Experience with Server and Workstation image creating and updating