Sr. Cisco Network Engineer
Paramus, NJ 07653
- Minimum of ten (10) years design, implementation and support experience with Cisco Internetworking.
- Plans, organizes and coordinates network teams and activities supporting Network Operations. Oversees day-to-day operations; collaborates with management and team members in relevant system performance, analyzes and resolves complex network issues. Implements and utilizes various operational measurements to maintain a robust network to meet business needs.
- Oversees administration, monitoring and troubleshooting of Network Operations on a day to day basis.Assesses network requirements and needs with other infrastructure groups and user communities for projects.Plans, organizes and manages network upgrades, new site mobilizations and installations.
- Strong management skills. Must be able to project manage large network projects and coordinate teams of resources involved.
- Must possess good written and verbal communications skills and be extremely proficient in maintaining and updating network documentation.
- Ensures proper documentation of all network changes and implementations and maintain updates.
- Is proactive in maintaining Network infrastructure hardware and maintenance patching and support contracts.
- Provides subject matter expertise and support for troubleshooting of network devices.
- Is able to mentor and train junior level network team members.
- Develops and provides templates and plans for documentation of network changes and implementations.
- Is the lead in network change management, testing and control with integration into automated service desk systems.
- Works with external support vendors to ensure 24X7 uptime for Network operations infrastructure and related systems.
- Performs trending analysis for chronic issue resolution and remediates escalated network issues.
- Partners with management to drive improvements in network process, efficiency and standardization.
- Collaborates with consultants, infrastructure and facilities teams; develops and recommends technical strategies and solutions to maintain and/or expand service levels.
- Able to rack and stack network equipment and perform data center related duties.
- Works directly with Internet and Telco carriers during implementations and troubleshooting.
- Works with Business continuity teams to ensure proper Network DR operations.
- Must be able to travel to sites within and outside of the NY/NJ area for various network projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field preferred.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Desired. Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) required. Certifications must be up to date. Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) also desirable.
- Experience with Converged UC Networks, enterprise class data network environment, and support of large scale multi-homed connections to ISP networks.
- Knowledge of traffic analysis, performance and capacity tools experience.
- Security technologies and services (firewalls, forensics, identity and access management, IDS/IPS etc.).
- Expert configurations and troubleshooting experience/skills with network protocols such as: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, DHCP, HSRP, VRRP, MPLS, IEEE 802.1q, 802.3 and 808.1x.
- Experience with Network Quality of Service (QoS) including IP precedence, DSCP and COS.
- Experience implementing WAN/MAN technologies including: T1, DS3, OC3, OC12, OC48, OC192, Metro-Ethernet, DWDM and datacenter to datacenter (DC-DC) connections.
- Thorough knowledge of SNMP and/or NetFlow configuration and utilization in an Enterprise Network.Experience configuring Cisco (7000, 2900, 3700, 2900, 800 series) routers, Cisco (Nexus 7K, 5K, 6900, 4500, 3700 and 2900XL) Switches (Frame Relay, ATM, MPLS, ISDN PRI & BRI).
- Understanding of Client Blade Chassis Ethernet and Fiber Channel switch fabric configurations
- Experience configuring and installing Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers, Cisco 1100, 1200 & 1300 series AP with LWAPP protocol.
- Experience configuring VPN point to point & point to multipoint (DMVPN) using command line and SDM, ASDM
- Knowledge of firewalls - Cisco ASA 5500 Series (required) - Checkpoint UTM-1 Edge Series (a plus)
- Experience with Multicast, Route Maps, Access Control List (ACL), URL Filtering, Application filtering, Route Redistribution, Tunneling, Autonomous Systems, VRF, Packet Sniffer/Capture, Network Monitoring, Syslog, Packet
Tools: TCP Dump
- Experience with network loadbalancers i.E. Netscaler, F5 ACE
- Experience with VMWare Hypervisor and virtual switch environments.
- Experience with WAN compression technologies i.E. Riverbed, WAS, NetScaler
- Familiarity with network monitoring tools i.E. Cisco Prime, Solar Winds, OPNET/App Internals
- Windows Server 2003/2008 R2/2012 R2 /Active Directory/Group Policy/PKI
- VMWare ESX - ESXi 5.5-6.0/VMotion/Virtual Center/Linux
- Extensive knowledge of DNS, WINS, DHCP, Proxy Server, FTP, TCP, IPv4, IPv6
- Experience with the MS suite of products, specifically Excel, Project and Outlook.
- Write detailed reports and prepare and deliver presentations. Analyze complex operational and technical challenges and resolve same.
- Able to successfully interact with stakeholders at different organizational levels including senior management, budget owners, accountants, attorneys and auditors.
- Vendor management.
Information Technology Recruiting Manager
Caroline was born and raised in Boston and enjoys working with IT professionals both locally and nationally.
When she's not working, Caroline enjoys Netflix binging and spending time with her Pug.