Staff Electrical Engineer
Lexington, MA 02421
- Work in a fast-paced environment, participating and leading engineering teams designing the next generation robotic systems for the U.S. Military.
- Tasks may include assisting with existing systems, PCB design, cable design, or associated documentation tasks.
- Range: supporting the development of a new system to integration of a new or existing payload on an existing system.
- Frequently develop testing plans and perform tests of electrical and system designs
- Candidates will be responsible for designing and supporting various analog, digital, mixed-signal circuits as well as cable design for robot platforms and/or their control stations
- Experience with PCB and cable designs are a requirement with high speed, power electronics, motor controller, and RF design experience is a plus.
- Participate in field data collection and experimentation, analysis, and reporting.
- < 15% travel to customer sites to support testing and repair activities.
- B.S. In Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering plus 2-4 years experience
- Strong knowledge and experience in Electrical Engineering
- Analog, digital, and mixed signal circuit design
- Experience with bus protocols such as CAN, SPI, RS232, I2C, USB, & Ethernet
- PCB design experience Cable assembly and wire harness design experience
- U.S. Citizenship
- Prior work in the field of robotics
- RF design experience
- High speed digital design experience
- HDL development
- Working knowledge of C / C++, & Visual C#
- Experience with field testing robotic systems
- Knowledge and experience with DOD, SAE, IEEE, and/or IPC standards
- Experience with safety critical and/or fault tolerance design
- Experience with hazard, failure, risk analyses (i.E. FMEA, FTA, etc.)
- Power electronics design experience
- Motor controller design experience
Rob Studivan specializes in working with Quality, Manufacturing, Software, Electrical, Mechanical, and many other types of engineers and manufacturing professionals. He’s looking to connect candidates with great clients today!
Fun Fact: Rob is graduating from Nichols College in May 2019 with an MBA and an MSOL.