VP - CMBS Credit/Deal Life Cycle Manager
New York, NY 10020
The Deal Life Cycle Management Senior Analyst for REF is a M/O SME responsible for collaborating mainly with Real Estate Business Line, Operations Management and other support functions to ensure optimal support, customer service, risk management and process improvement.
- Be involved across all the major steps of the Credit Process: Pre-closing and closing of the facility; and client processing and deal monitoring and Repayment.
- Process syndication and CMBS Securitization
- Ensure a role of expertise and technical support to the front office;
- Check that operations comply with internal requirements; process and improvement coordination and execution
- Monitor and analyze collateral activities and maintain appropriate level of operational risk control
- Coordinate across all the teams (Operations, Legal Department, Risk Department, Finance, IT, BPO, Front Office; Compliance; Servicer and Capital Markets for REF deals)
- Daily contact with the clients, brokers and vendors to process financing requests
- Assist on process and improvement coordination and execution
The main tasks include maintaining a portfolio of committed and uncommitted client files, enforcing established procedures, monitoring risks, employing sound practices that will ensure a high level of service to both internal and external customers of the bank.
- Assist FO and attend pre-closing meetings for new deals when needed.
- Review credit agreements and ensure that they comply with the with credit approvals and translate it into a booking memo for new deals and amendments for portfolio and CMBS loans.
- In case of discrepancy with the credit approval, ask for a waiver to FO.
- Ensure that all CPs are met before a funding is processed
- Facilitate the booking of credit insurance and issue an Insurance Booking Memo.
- Control that the facility is properly booked in ACBS and /or Summit and inform the relevant team in Operations (Loan Servicing Group; LC team or Global Market) in case there is any deviance from the Booking Memo.
- Set up the covenants in Safram and the collateral in the collateral module in ACBS.
- Ensure that internal procedures related to financial crime risks prevention (KYC, AML, Sanctions and Embargo, Anti-boycott, Vessel /OFAC checks) are followed when processing daily transactions.
- Setup spreadsheets for payments and fundings, and process funding, invoicing, and payments.
- Work closely to the Origination, Global Markets teams and Servicers during syndication / securitization phase.
- Work with Treasury to fund fixed rate loans and lock TCI.
- Calculate insurance premiums and ensure that calculation and payments are processed as per insurance certificate requirements.
- Monitor covenants, perform past due follow up and work closely with the servicer and the BPO teams to ensure that covenants are updated in a timely manner and when they are not received on time contact client or agent banks.
- In case of failed covenants, ensure that FO and Credit Risk Departments are aware.
- Work closely to BPO team to have bank s exposure accurately booked in ACBS for participated deals.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements such as collateral reporting.
- Ensure that facilities are repaid as per facility and credit approval requirements.
- Maintain close connection with the business, GFO Ops teams, outsource providers, internal support/control group colleagues to improve processes.
- Strategize with supervisor to optimize process & controls, automation and use of staff across FTEs, temps, outsource providers.
- Monitor and proactively seek to minimize operational risks.
- Proactively identify process improvements and work with support teams (IT, other ops team members) and implement necessary changes.
- Previous experience (5-10 years) with commercial lending and asset financing support management at a commercial bank in Real Estate Space is essential.
- Good understanding of financial statements with a level of comfort in calculating and interpreting financial ratios.
- Intermediate user of MS Office applications: Excel, PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of the systems utilized by the bank is preferred: ACBS, Storm, SAFRAM, Cash Plus, LoanIQ, Summit
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or related business field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact and work closely with business stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, while self-motivated with the ability to work independentlyInnovative mindset and able to improve processes to minimize risk and increase efficiency.
- The ideal candidate is organized, proactive, highly motivated, always exhibits professional conduct and possesses the skills to remain calm under pressure.