Vice President of Operations
New Britain, CT 06052
- Provide leadership and develop strategies around company s activities
- Work closely with all departmental teams (Manufacturing, Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality, HR, Finance, IT, and EH&S) to assure capacity is available for products and that new capacity/technology is sourced in support of growing demand for their new products/projects
- Provide leadership and direction on new product development for the company and staff to assure that appropriate technology is available for product delivery and manufactured to meet all regulations
- Demonstrate personal leadership while managing talent selection, development, training, succession planning, and performance management
- Partner with team leaders in establishing systems that deliver competitive advantage, enable ongoing cost reduction, and concurrent business growth
- Deliver strategic projects on aggressive timelines within budget and according to plan
- Drive the Company s Mission, Values, and Priorities initiatives, as well as the performance coaching process, to ensure a consistent high-performance culture
- Ensure organization is FDA audit ready
- Help prepare company and teams for updates to ISO requirements as they are rolled out
- Support the development of operations related CAPA plans for issues of non-compliance
- Track, measure and report the status of program milestones
- Collaboration on the development of SOPs, Work Practice Guidelines, and associated tools
- Periodically review SOPs, WPGs and related tools for applicability and suggest appropriate modifications
- Bachelor s degree in Business or Engineering is required
- Advanced degree, MBA, or MS Engineering, is preferred
- Experience with ISO 13485 and FDA compliance programs
- 15+ years of experience in medical device manufacturing disciplines
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience working with cross-functional teams on complex projects
- Experience in the development and production of specialized medical device products including developing and implementing new manufacturing processes
- Ability to multi-task across a complex portfolio of products and processes
- Experience in negotiating contracts with suppliers as well as ability to negotiate with regulators
- Ability to problem solve and provide direction in complicated situations involving complex variables and incomplete information
- Ensuring safe products, environment, and employees
Leadership Behaviors & Personal Competencies
- Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Develops and delivers communications which convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Skilled influencer.
- Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments by following through, acting with a clear sense of ownership, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures.
- Develops people to meet both their career goals and the organization s goals through coaching, feedback, exposure and stretch assignments.
- Effectively develop successful leaders and high performing teams.
Drives Vision and Purpose
- Paints a compelling picture of the vision and strategy which motivates others to action.
- Understands interdependencies, trends, issues, and opportunities.
- Able to synthesize complex information and translate into mid to long-range goals and plans.
- Credible, trustworthy, and empathetic leader.
- Calm under pressure.
- Can-do attitude.
- Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
Agility and Flexibility
- Handles multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Operates effectively, even when things are not specific, or the way forward is unclear.
- Able to work in a variety of roles and settings, with a diverse group of people and functions.
- Able to prioritize and focus on the few critical objectives.
- Design simple, flexible organizational structures, and systems that can align and adapt to evolving strategy.
- Effectively adjusts to new, changing, and unpredictable situations.
- Able to learn new things quickly and easily.
- Solicits and responds to feedback and coaching.
High Ethical Standards and Integrity