Web Development Lead
Boston, MA 02110
Web Development Lead
- Define and resolve problems related to widely different platforms, hardware, software, coding structures and communication protocols.
- Partner with the Head of Digital Delivery on team alignment and skillset.
- Work with vendors and common carriers to resolve Web-related issues.
- Resolve connectivity issues and workflow problems.
- Recommend scalable, advanced technologies and methods to integrate Web systems with existing systems, enabling the creation of new Web enterprises or expanding existing business onto the Web.
- Consult with staff responsible for determining hardware requirements and communication bandwidth to support projected transaction volumes and response time, system availability targets, and security-related issues.
- Conduct evaluations of new products and vendor proposals.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Software engineering.
- 8-12 years of technical experience in high-tech software development.
- Experience in managing mid- to large-sized development teams.
- Leads & manages a highly skilled team of web developers
- Experience must include a proven track record of success delivering medium to large projects through the project lifecycle, managing large teams of project resources, and managing executive-level stakeholders.
- Experience in Managing software vendors and multiple concurrent initiatives.
- Programming and application system environment experience (.Net, Java, SQL Server, MySQL, SOA, ETL & Data integration tools).
- Demonstrable knowledge of current web development frameworks (React, NodeJS, Clojure).
- Experience developing within a DevOps environment.
- Works for consensus and contributes to achievement of work group goals.
- Interacts regularly with executives and/or key customers to provide consultation to, influence, and resolution of complex issues.
- Champions innovative opportunities which enhances the business by introducing, developing or offering breakthrough products, services or technology.
- Comfortable working in ambiguity, capable of establishing and growing functions and systems from the ground up.