Boston, MA 02117
Our client, a very prominent philanthropic, Boston-based Foundation is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join their organization. This is a very important role, providing support to several members for the staff.
The Foundation is seeking a seasoned and detail-oriented professional with administrative and reception experience to join its Operations Team. Reporting to the Manager of Administration, the Administrative Assistant must possess exemplary organization, problem solving, communications skills and discretion.
- Provide support to the Operations, Grants Management, and Program staff with tasks including calendar management, meeting scheduling, conference call setup, data entry, copying, filing, mailing and other projects, as necessary.
- General office support including preparation and editing of Word documents, Power Point presentations, and Excel spreadsheets, data entry, copying, filing, inventory management and other projects.
- General grants management support, including maintenance of high-quality data in the grants management system, grant processing and administration, and assistance in the production of grant-related materials/internal reports.
- Responsible for monitoring of record retention policy as it relates to file upkeep and maintenance.
- Monitor and triage Foundation’ s general email inbox.
- Responsible for the smooth operation of the reception desk by answering phones and greeting visitors.
- Manage conference room schedules, register guests with building security, and arrange for catering, AV preparation, and other tasks as may be needed for smooth operation of all meetings.
- Ensure that all conference rooms are kept in good order and available for meetings at all times.
- Ensure that the reception area, kitchen, work room and all common areas of the office are kept clean, neat, and in good order at all times.
- Ensure daily mail collection and efficient distribution.
- Planning internal and external meetings and events.
Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelor’ s degree, with at least four years of relevant professional experience preferred.
- Office technology skills (Zoom, GoToMeeting, other AV/video conferencing platforms)
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) is required.
- Excellent and clear communication skills, both written and oral.
- Highly developed organizational skills, including a proven ability to work collaboratively, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Experience with database management, data entry, and/or grants administration preferred.
- Enthusiastic team player with a positive demeanor, humility, and exceptional client service orientation.
- Proven track record of excellent discretion and ability to handle confidential information; approachable and friendly yet able to maintain appropriate boundaries.
- Humility, flexibility, creativity, and the ability to adapt to shifting priorities in a small, evolving organization.
- Willing to roll up sleeves and complete any task no matter how small.
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide array of employees and visitors.
- Alignment with the Foundation’ s principles and values.
- Reliable and punctual; able to keep the hours of 8: 30 a.m. to 5: 30 p.m.
Meet Your Recruiter
Ashley Dineen has been with The Panther Group since 2009 and has worked within many areas of the company including payroll, compliance, on-boarding, recruitment, and client management.
Ashley is a mother of two and enjoys spending time with family in her spare time.