Chicago, IL 60661
The role of the administrative assistant is to ensure efficient and timely operations of the department so as to support and enhance the work of the organization. The administrative assistant will work under the supervision of Company leadership or his/her designee. The administrative assistant will collaborate with the company volunteers, with other administrative assistants, and the National Operations Manager.
Administrative Support Duties Include
- Become familiar with the company website, partner organizations, sponsors, and local office mentors. Assign mentors to clients; include maintaining list of available mentors and keeping up-to-date on mentor specialties, capabilities and geography.
- Schedule office appointments for clients to meet with mentors. Send reminders to clients and mentors prior to the meetings
- Monitor the Client list and following up with mentors per the chapter procedures.
- Provide office support (phone, voice-mail, fax, e-mail, website, office supply ordering, filing, ensuring the organization and office equipment is in good working order
- Ensure that supply orders are approved per company procedures.
- Develop and maintain office procedures.
- Maintain chapter rosters: e.G. E-mail, Constant Contact, available mentors, provisional volunteer status lists. Maintain the company organization chart, including officers and committees.
- Remind volunteers to complete the annual Code of Ethics and verify.
- Support workshops by coordinating and scheduling locations and presenters, creating the event on Constant Contact preparing material, reminding the attendees, ensuring payment systems are in place, setting up the room, managing evaluations, recording the workshop.
- Support the work of the Executive Committee and company meetings with timely meeting reminders, attendance, minutes and distribution of materials. Setup the meeting room and refreshments.
- Support annual meetings and major events through managing invitations and RSVP s, location, food selection, registration/name tags, etc. Assist with promoting the event. After the event enter new contact information (business cards) into Constant Contact.
- Help the company with Marketing through Facebook and website updates, newsletter creation and press releases. Assist with keeping adequate brochure supply at designated locations.
- Carry out other specific projects as determined by the Executive Committee.
- Develop a system for tracking relevant community outreach efforts.
Manager, Strategic Accounts
James has been going the extra mile for both candidates and clients since joining The Panther Group in 2009. When not at work, he spends his time having adventures with his two sons.
Fun Fact: James once had to shave his head when he lost a wager with a former Panther colleague that the Bruins would beat the Canadians in the playoffs.