Call Center Team Lead
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
Under the general direction of the Contact Center Supervisor, the Team Leader is responsible for monitoring activity within the contact center and assigning work to Member Service Representatives (MSRs) in order to ensure that service level standards and productivity standards are met on a consistent basis. The Team Leader will also handle escalated calls and provide assistance to MSRs with regard to complex call types. In absence of the Supervisor, the Team Leader may be asked to assume full responsibility for directing work activity within the contact center. Also, as needed, the Team Leader will perform various functions of the MSR role in order to mitigate high volume and/or absences among MSRs.
Company maintains expansive hours of operation which span multiple shifts, 7 days per week, including holidays. In order to ensure appropriate coverage across all hours of operation, the Team Leader role is designed to provide a layer of oversight supplemental to that of Supervisors and Managers. While the Team Leader will provide input regarding hiring, performance feedback, and disciplinary action, any decisions in these areas will continue to be the responsibility of the Supervisors and Managers.
- Monitor activity within the contact center and assign work to MSRs in order to optimize service levels and productivity;
- Accept and resolve escalated calls / issues from MSRs as necessary;
- Assist MSRs with resolving complex call types and exercise sound judgment to further escalate a call to a Supervisor or Manager when appropriate;
- In absence of the Supervisor or Manager, assume responsibility for primary oversight of work activity within the contact center;
- As needed, perform various functions of the MSR role in order to mitigate high volume and/or absences among MSRs;
- Demonstrate proficiency in utilizing multiple systems and/or databases to evaluate, analyze and resolve customer issues and utilize sound judgment in escalation of issues
- Resolve inbound and outbound contacts in accordance with established program policies, procedures, and standards
- Resolve escalated / complex customer issues by utilizing analytical and researching skills; as necessary, directly coordinate with insurers, payers, providers, clients and advocacy groups in order to completely resolve an issue
- Demonstrate consistent and professional customer service skills: active listening, ability to engage the customer, appropriate utilization of resources, clear written and verbal communication
- Provide feedback and suggestions regarding policies and procedures used within the Contact Center in the interest of providing exceptional service
- Attend and participate in meetings and training as directed.
- Perform other similar and related duties as required or as directed.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all business documents and correspondence according to HIPAA, corporate, and program guidelines.
- Comply with established departmental policies, procedures and objectives.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations and requirements.
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
- Must read, speak and write English fluently
- Bi-lingual proficiency preferred (Strong preference Spanish.)
- Must have flexibility to work shifts Sunday-Saturday with hours between 11: 00pm 7: 30am;
- Ability to effectively provide service to multiple clients simultaneously (e.G. Handle a call queue of multiple lines)
- Must be flexible regarding hours scheduled
- Physical ability to stand and repetitively bend down and reach up for extended periods of time (e.G. For file room projects)
- Sound judgment and ability to prioritize and re-prioritize work assignments within the contact center in real time based on call arrival patterns across multiple queues
- Ability to mentor staff members on subject matter and customer service skills both in an individual and group setting
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in writing
- Exceptional customer service skills including the ability to relate well to diverse populations and to represent the organization professionally
- Ability to utilize expertise in subject matter and systems used to improve outcomes and contribute to organizational growth
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities to research multiple internal and external information sources and utilize information to resolve issues
- Accurate typing/data entry and information tracking skills at a minimum proficiency of 40 words per minute
- Computer Literacy including basic proficiency with Internet Browsers, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
Meet Your Recruiter
Director, Client Services
Ashley Dineen has been with The Panther Group since 2009 and has worked within many areas of the company including payroll, compliance, on-boarding, recruitment, and client management.
Ashley is a mother of two and enjoys spending time with family in her spare time.