Customer Service Representative
Indianapolis, IN 46204
The Customer Service Representative answers incoming calls from consumers including the general public, prospective enrollees and people assisting enrollees or acting on their behalf in accordance with all performance standards, policy and procedures, and protocols including but not limited to the confidentiality and privacy policies.
- Track and document all inquiries using the applicable systems.
- Answer incoming calls from consumers and providers requesting information about the Medicaid Newborn process, Good Cause, and/or Presumptive Eligibility for children.
- Complete associated tasks according to the established guidelines.
- Track and document all inquiries using the applicable systems. Meet Quality Assurance (QA) and other key performance metrics.
- Facilitate the fulfillment of caller requests for materials via mail, email, or download. Transfer/refer consumers to appropriate entities according to the established guidelines.
- Escalate calls or issues to the appropriate designated staff for resolution as needed.
- Facilitate translation services for non-English speaking callers according to procedures.
- Attend meetings and trainings as requested and maintains UpToDate knowledge of all programs and systems.
- High School Diploma or the equivalent required
- Previous customer service experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in both English and Spanish preferred